Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with complex mental health issues, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Off With You

Senior Contributor

Better off without me

Day 2 in ER. I think I'd better off without me, let alone them better being off without me. Don't really know what else to say apart from trying not to lie to the staff here. 

I can't really see how things will change.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Better off without me

@Aeiou I can relate to this too much....I'm sorry mate.
Highlighted

Hey there @Aeiou you have a lot of value in this world, it can be really hard to see through the pain - but you do. Have you spoken to the staff about how you feel? Remember you can always get in touch with our help centre too if you need. Heart

Highlighted

@nashy 

I've it all I think. I think one day I'll lose this fight. 

Highlighted

I’m safe,
I’m scheduled
Don’t worry about me
Highlighted

Hey @Aeiou,

Thanks for letting us know you are safe, we really appreciate it. I can hear it's a time where it's really hard to want to be safe. I can't even imagine the distress you're in right now.

It's really great you are trying to be honest with staff and be safe for a time when you may feel differently. 

Take good care of yourself, 

Tortoiseshell

Highlighted

@Aeiou HeartHeart, hugs my friend 

Highlighted

Thanks @Shaz51 @Tortoiseshell @nashy @The-red-centaur 

I think I'm slowly coming out of shock. I wish I was dead. I don't know what to do.

Highlighted

One moment at a time @Aeiou   adds up to 10 minutes, then an hour, then a day .... that's how I got through a similar time in my life.   The passing of time while staying safe - whatever it takes.  You are valued and supported here.

Highlighted

Hello @eth @Shaz51 @Tortoiseshell @nashy @The-red-centaur 

Thank you all for your support! It meant a lot to me when the world around me was very dark. I have recovered well and found some peace in all the turmoil. Very grateful I have a psychiatrist who acted immediately when I sent a message. He literally saved my life. I don't recall anything from the first few days but am now safely back home with additional safety measures in place if I feel so unwell again.

It's my third chance and I'm ready to take it and find meaning in my life and dream about a better future. 

Thank you all xox

For urgent assistance, call: